1. The name of the Association shall be “The Tricycle Association”.
2. The object of the Association shall be to provide social and competitive activities for the members.
3. (With effect from the AGM on 28th October 2012) Membership shall be open to people with an interest in tricycles and tricycling.
A tricycle is defined as a humanly propelled machine, self-supporting and making three tracks when in motion.
4. The colours of the Association shall be crimson and gold.
5. The design of the badge shall be three interlocking circles surrounding the monogram “TA” superimposed in gold on a crimson base.
6. The official organ of the Association shall be “The Tricycle Association Gazette”.
7. The management of the Association shall be vested in a National Executive Committee consisting of the Officers of the Association and such elected members as shall from time to time be determined.
8. For the purpose of administration the Association shall be divided into regions, each of which shall be known under a geographical title. The areas of operation of these regions shall be from time to time defined by the National Executive Committee, and need not necessarily be confined to the specific geographical boundaries suggested by the title.
9. Each region shall be regarded as a separate body within the framework of the national organization, and shall affiliate directly to Cycling Time Trials for the purposes of members taking part in time trials.
10. The management of a region shall be vested in a regional committee consisting of the officers of the region and such additional members of the region as shall from time to time be determined.
11. If the National Committee decide that it is necessary to dissolve the Association, it shall call a meeting of all members of the Association of which not less than 21 days notice (stating the terms of the resolution to be proposed) shall be given. If the proposal is confirmed by a two thirds majority of those voting, the NEC shall have the power to realize any assets held by or on behalf of the Association. Any assets remaining after the satisfaction of any proper debts and liabilities shall be given or transferred to such cycling or recreational organizations, charitable organizations or bodies having objectives similar to those of the TA as the winding up meeting may determine. Failing that they should be applied to some charitable purpose.
Section C – Page C 1 – Issued Mar 2015